LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing a microcontroller using labview

hi everyone

is there any solution using labview to flash a microcontroller that can replace the commun programms which are made for this like flash loader ?? if yes , what kind of communication protocole is used?? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,046 Views)

Which Micro-controller?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,043 Views)

just for information , i mean by "flashing" the fact to send to the microcontroller a compiled file

@atul_ghumade : i don't know which micro yet , is there any difference of the ability of flashing with labview between each micro?? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,036 Views)

We used the CAN (Controller Area Network) interface.  The basic bootloader had most of the instructions for operation pre-loaded, then we would use a flash kernel to add additional functionality (PGM & PGM_6 commands) to allow for uploading new firmware into the processor.  We have also performed a similar task using RS-232.

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,014 Views)

@Minions

thanks for the answer , but i didn't get your idea well , what did you mean by the basic bootloader ?? is a simple UART communication can do the job ?? i used to communicate with types of micro's via RS 232 (sending simple command and read the answers) but is it the same case with flashing a compiled program ?? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,005 Views)

It really depends on the micro in question, and whether the manufacturer will give you all the details of the programming interface (hardware and software) that is necessary. 

I have had to program LabVIEW basically update a "Hex" file with calibration factors, then write a batch file, then call that batch file with the Systemexec.vi to launch a separate program to program some microcontrollers in the past. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,996 Views)