cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding idle time of computer using labview

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello...

My process is based on Labview. It is testing process based on vision. I dont want to ON the machine continouesly,  I planned to shut down the machine when my PC is idle condition. To acheive this, I want to know how to identify the system idle time using labview. So that, I can shut down the machine when process is not running.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,274 Views)

Hello...

My process is based on Labview. It is testing process based on vision. I dont want to ON the machine continouesly,  I planned to shut down the machine when my PC is idle condition. To acheive this, I want to know how to identify the system idle time using labview. So that, I can shut down the machine when process is not running.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,301 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author azadplc007

Assuming you are using Windows, you need to use the Windows API function GetLastInputInfo which will give you the time.

Message 3 of 5
(4,275 Views)

Thank You for your reply.

In LabVIEW how to use this function...? any example files...?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,202 Views)

Hi azadplc,

My process is based on Labview. It is testing process based on vision. … So that, I can shut down the machine when process is not running.

So your "process" executable is made using LabVIEW. Why don't you include some indication into this executable about it's current working state? (SharedVariables should be fine…)

Have a different tool reading this indicator and then shut down the PC when your "process" is finished!

Or even include the shoutdown procedure into your "process" like many other tools do: often you find a button/selection to select "shutdown when calculation is finished"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,186 Views)