LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fieldpoint express

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using fieldpoint hardware so I installed FieldPoint 6.1 driver and its present in max.

I have fieldpoint I/O commands (VIs) available under the measurement I/O pallet but the fieldpoint express I/O commands are not available here or under the express pallet.

Do I need to install something other than the 6.1 drive to get the fieldpoint express vis ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,337 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ggress1

Hi ggress1,

The FieldPoint Express VI has been taken off the Functions palette in newer versions of LabVIEW due to instability issues this function has. It is recommended to use the standard FieldPoint Write and FieldPoint Read VIs from the FieldPoint palette in applications. To get started using the FieldPoint Write and FieldPoint Read VIs, I would recommend using the shipping examples that come with LabVIEW. You can access these by navigating to Help»Find Examples»Hardware Input and Output»FieldPoint.

If you would prefer to use the FieldPoint Express VI, it can be found by navigating to C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 20xx\vi.lib\FieldPoint\express on your machine. Follow the steps in this KnowledgeBase article to add this Express VI to your Functions palette. 

Regards,

Jordan G.

LabVIEW Product Marketing Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(2,300 Views)

Excellent information !!!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,292 Views)