From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fieldpoint drop down menu executable

Hi,

If I get what your problem is, you would like to store the FP IO as default and do not want the user to select the IO constant again.  The Tag solution for you will work.  Another possibility is to use a regular FP IO constant and Make Current Values Default, such that the next time someone opens up the file, the IO point will retain the value.

I hope this helps,

If this is not what you want, can you please clarify the problem with a description.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(613 Views)

The problem is the tag by itseld does not work. I have to attach the FP read or write there so it can appear. The idea is I have to use the tag not the constant so the user can select both use the default value or choose a new value. Please tell me is there anyway to make the tag drop down the menu without using the FP read or write VI?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(608 Views)

Hi Thang,

The FP Read makes a call to the function ialv_getTagElements in the FPLVMgr.dll using the Call Library Function Node.vi to get the associated tags.  So if you take a look at the attached VI it just makes a call to this function, and has an output to the channel that I choose.  I turned this into a .exe file and I was able to choose a channel that I wanted, so I believe that this will work for you.  If it doesn't let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(591 Views)

Thanks,

I tried with  the new solution, and it works.

But I don't quite understand what this VI does. From this example, I found that there are a lot of VIs which I don't know when I should use it. There is not any material tell about these VIs' feature.

Thang.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(554 Views)

Hi Thang,

I am glad to hear that the VI that I posted worked out for you.  Basically what the VI is doing is calling a dll (with a Call Library Function Node) that a FP Read/Write Vi calls when associating a FieldPoint device and channel to the operation.  A great place to look for more help on FieldPoint VI's is the help section in LabVIEW.  If you have a LabVIEW window open, you can click on the help Menu on the top bar, and select FieldPoint from the drop down menu.  This help file covers using FieldPoint devices in LabVIEW.

Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(538 Views)