LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fieldpoint drop down menu executable

Hi,

I am working with FieldPoint. Everything work fine, until I built the .exe file. When I click on the FieldPoint IO Point I see the browse ... But when I select it there is a pop up window appears for 1/2 sec then it disappears. It means the drop down menu does not work. I cannot select the channel. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
Thank
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,325 Views)
Hi,

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  I tested a simple program here using LabVIEW 8.2 and created an exe with a FP IO Point Control.  It seemed to work fine.  Would it be possible for you to post your example code to this discussion forum?  Have you tried creating a new executable and does it act the same way?  Finally, make sure to import the correct .iak file into your project explorer window if you are using LV 8.0 or higher.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,299 Views)
This is the project, I use only one control which is the FP IO point. I can not open to select it. Please check it for me.
Highly appreciate for your time,
Thang Nguyen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(3,292 Views)
I use LabVIEW 8.2.1.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,287 Views)
Hi,

Looking at your example program, it only contains a FP IO point control without any FP Read or Write.  I tested the exe and it indeed closes the configuration from the drop down menu.  This is only because we havent pointed it to the .iak file to open.  You would need to add a FP Read or Write to your example executable.  Then you will be able to see all channels on your FP device and the menu will not close until told so.  To have the latest .iak file from MAX onto your project, you will need to right click on your project name and then go to Import>>Fieldpoint Configuration.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,281 Views)

Hi Nadim,

The problem is in my project I don't connect directly the FP IO point with the read and write FP VI. I have to store the tag as the string. This works ok if I don't build the .exe. It can not work in the .exe file. Please tell me is there different way to connect the tag with .iak file without read or write VI.

Thang Nguyen

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,271 Views)

Hi Thang,

If I understand you correctly, I have created a VI that shows you a different way to do this.  Attached is a simple VI that shows how to open a tag from an associated .iak file without using the FP read or write VI.  I hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,232 Views)
Thank M B,
But what I like is a FP IO point for user selecting the channel. I connect FP IO point with Type Cast to convert the channel to string. I can connect the FP IO point to FP Read or Write VI here then connect with Type Cast, but I think it doesn't make sence to do like this.
Thank,
Thang Nguyen

Message Edited by THANG NGUYEN on 05-22-2007 01:18 PM

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,220 Views)
Hi Thang,

Ok, sorry I thought you were looking for another way to open a tag from an associated .iak file without using the FP Read or Write VI. As for your setup now, it definitely looks like this is one way to store your FieldPoint IO as a string, while still having the user select the channel they want.  What are you using that string for?
Regards,

Michael
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,191 Views)

I have to store the string in the configuration file, so next time user does not have to select again.

Thank

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,185 Views)