LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract variant data type for case selection

Solved!
Go to solution

I dont' know much about variant, so I am going to ask as many questions as possible on this topic.  If I have an array of variants, and each of these variant was converted from different data type.  This array will be index to a for loop and each element will be processed in a case structure inside the for loop. 

The question is I would like to take the data type from the variant, convert it into enum, and use it to select case on the case structure.  How do I do that?  Or what's the best way to do that?

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,595 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jyang72211

www.openg.org

"Get TDEnum From Data" VI from the Data Tools package.

There's also the "GetTypeInfo" VI that's in the <labview>\vi.lib\Utility\VariantDataType folder.

Message 2 of 4
(3,592 Views)

This is so amazing that it makes me want to cry!!  This is exactly what I want.  There are so many functions available.  I need to explore the website that you sent me.  Thank you so much.

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,586 Views)

check out also VI package manager. It allows easy install of many openg packages.

I have used the write to ini file, from the openg package, that writes a variant to an ini file.

Should have all the code you need.

VI name: Write Key (Variant)__ogtk.vi

located in: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\user.lib\_OpenG.lib\variantconfig\variantconfig.llb

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,568 Views)