cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting data

Solved!
Go to solution

hi everyone, 

I have a huge number of data from a plot that do not fit an excel spreadsheet so some data are being omitted, so is there another way to export all the data to a .csv or .dat format 

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,371 Views)

Write to Spreadsheet File or now known as Write Delimited Spreadsheet.

Though it won't solve your Excel problem if you try to import too much data into Excel.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,370 Views)

so can you suggest something that could export all my data 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,368 Views)

Hi yazan,

you can export as much data as you like into CSV files!

You need some other tool than Excel in order to analyze the data later on. Have you heard about Diadem from NI?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,363 Views)

I havent heard of it but what im trying to do is to export the data so i can be able to load them into matlab, so how does diadem work

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,360 Views)

If you're going from LabVIEW to MatLab, what made you think you should take a detour through Excel?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,351 Views)

how would i import them into matlab then? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,347 Views)

@yazan206 wrote:

how would i import them into matlab then? 

Does Matlab not know how to import CSV?  I'm sure there are also plugins available for Matlab to read in TDMS files. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,331 Views)

yes it can but the only way to export data from labview is to excel so i guess i might have to download DIAdem 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author yazan206

No.  There are many ways to get data out of LabVIEW.

As I said, use the Write Delimited Spreadsheet function in the File I/O palette.  It will write a CSV file as big as you need it, within limitations of the file system.  There are other File Write functions that allow you to write out text files if you want more direct control over the data being written out.

While Diadem is an option, I don't see why you'd need it based on what you've told us so far and the fact that LabVIEW has subVI's built in that create CSV files.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,321 Views)