LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting block diagram image

Hi

I'm in the middle of writing a report that discusses the LabVIEW program I've been working on, I was wondering how I export an image of the block diagram and front panel to include in my report? I hoped it would simply be a case of copy and then paste into clip art or similar but LabVIEW only lets you copy individual objects.

Please help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(21,271 Views)
Hi,

I don't understand what you mean. LabVIEW let's you copy groups of objects, select them, press Ctrl+C and then open Paint and Paste it there, all the selected ojects will be there.
Of course you have allways the PrintScreeen option and the documentation features of LabVIEW.

Hope this helps,
Paulo
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(21,261 Views)
Hi bex

There's a simple answer - print screen or any other tool that allows you to make a picture of the screen content.

Hope this helps.

Thomas
Using LV8.0
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be afraid to rate a good answer... 😉
--------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(21,261 Views)
Better method:

Use the report generation VI's to create a report and append front panel and block diagram images. You can set it up to print as a HTML document and edit to suit inside Word. You can also append other items such as VI description, hierarchy and so.

Let me know if this makes sense and if you want an example (I'm running 7.1)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(21,242 Views)
While your Front Panel is running, [Alt]+[PrtScr] will capture the FP (window).
Open paintbrush, and perform a paste [Ctrl]+ V

As for the Block Diagram, first of all, make sure that the diagram of interest in with the screen (not out of screen). Then, perform a [Ctrl]+[PrtScr] for a full screen capture or [Alt]+[PrtScr] for a window capture.

Cheers!
ian
PS: [Alt]+[PrtScr] will be neat!
Ian F
Since LabVIEW 5.1... 7.1.1... 2009, 2010, 2014
依恩与LabVIEW
LVVILIB.blogspot.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(21,239 Views)
You can also, using Print, save all front panels and block diagrams as HTML files, if that would be of use.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(21,228 Views)
I prefer to simply get the FP and BD image using invoke nodes. The attached simple demo (LabVIEW 7.1) will ask for a VI, then create PNG images of the front panel and block diagram of any VI you select. The image of it's diagram below was just created with it. 🙂

Modify as needed!

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-02-2005 05:54 PM

Download All
Message 7 of 14
(21,216 Views)
Thank you everyone for all your help.

Many thanks to "altenbach", the VI you attached is a massive help and does exactly what I needed it to!

Regards,

Bex.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(21,194 Views)

Great  'altenbach' that's what i'm looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(15,822 Views)

For others who stumble across this thread, you should take a look at the Code Capture Tool, as it has advanced methods for getting front panel and block diagram images.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(15,780 Views)