cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

export imaqdx drivers to matlab

Hi all,

I have created a dll in Labview which exports a simple test function 

output = a*(x+y)

to Matlab. I have found the Matlab functionality to execute this function through dll-loading and it works perfectly.

When I try the same for the extraction of an image that comes from my firewire camera, intallled with NI-IMAQdx drivers, this also works perfectly on the host computer.

HOWEVER, when I run the dll in Matlab on another PC ( with no Labview installed! ), the simple a*(x+y) test function works perfectly, BUT the camera extraction software fails (ony black, zero-valued images)...

Can this be due to the fact that the NI-IMAQdx drivers are not installed on the other PC? How can I make this work? Do I absolutely need a full copy of Labview installed on the other PC to make camera-based dll functions work? Or will the installation of the Vision Acquisition software suffice?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,331 Views)

UPDATE

In the meantime I have installed the Labview NI-IMAQdx drivers onto the seconds computer. The camera now works porperly in MAX, but the same problem as described earlier remains... I would really appreciate any help that can lead to a solution here,

Best regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,304 Views)

Hi Sam

You will need to have all of the dependences that the dll you have created has installed on the PC that you are running it on. If your dll runs fine on the development Pc but not the deployment PC there is a dependency that is not found. If you have made use of path locations then these will also need to be present on your deployment PC. You may need to install the LabVIEW run time engine on the deployment machine to run this dll.

Regards

Robert

National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,292 Views)

Hi Robert,

Thanks for replying to this thread. I have made sure that all the path dependencies that I can think of are exactly identical in both host and deployment PC, but can't seem to make it work. There must be another hidden Labview dependency in the DLL.

Extra clue: when I installed the Labview trial version on the deployment PC, the DLL runs perfectly. After this, when Labview is unistalled again, it keeps working as it should! This left me puzzled and prompted me to try the whole procedure again on yet another deployment PC: same routine however, only installed the VAS and the run-time engine: DLL fails to work correctly... Waiting now to do the install/deinstall trick as this cannot be the most efficient procedure to make it work.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,281 Views)