LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create installer though it creates executable

Solved!
Go to solution

Maybe someone has an idea on this problem....

A few months ago I did an installer with no problem but after I changed some details and wanted to

do it from the beginning it does not "allow" me to. For two different applications.

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,613 Views)

Hi Eleftherios,

could you provide some more information? What OS are you using, which LabView version, on which version were the projects originally created. And what did you change since the last compile?

Some possible solutions you could try:

1. Mass Compile on your Project error 1:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/229402206118211186256752005C1E40?OpenDocument

2. Check out this knowledgebase error -12:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/afc375154efbd6ae8625760b005fb723

Message 2 of 6
(2,594 Views)

I am sorry I forgot to mention i use windows XP and LabVIEW2010, they were developed from me and I have not changed anything important since last time.

Thank you for the links you gave me. I shall read them this afternoon when I find the time. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,589 Views)

Try enabling debugging for your application. There is a bug out there (forget the CAR #) which results in builds requiring the build to enable debugging for it to be successful.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 4 of 6
(2,576 Views)

Thank you for your answer,

I enabled debuging on the executable it is builded just fine but then when i try to build the installer it pauses to the part where i have attached( build error) for 10 minutes and then i get the message i have also attached( build errors).

I include the run-time engine in my installer.

Any ideas please?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,557 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eleftherios

Finally a colleague of mine discovered what was wrong:

"LabVIEW failed to build its installer due to what presumably was caused by permission settings on the remote storage used to store the project.

By switching to a local storage on the windows machine (C:\) the installer compiled as it should"

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,541 Views)