LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execution thread of error cluster wire

I was wondering if the error cluster wire will use the UI thread, instead of the Standard, if I'm showing an "Error In" Control or "Error Out" Indicator on the front panel. As a general rule I use the error cluster wires to set the procedural process in my top level VI.

Conversely, if I don't show an Error Ctrl or Indicator in Top level VI, that VI won't use the UI thread. This is a compiler decision, I'm just asking in general.

Rich J

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,978 Views)

No.  Same what that no other data types on front panel forces the UI thread.

The update of the front panel views by the UI thread is handled in a completely separate process from that actual handling of the data and the processing of the subVI's.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,962 Views)

OK, per your comment, I should not have worry about what thread process is handling whatever thread, UI thread and standard is separate.  LV compiles in such a way so that UI threads, property nodes etc don't slow standard threads, i.e. data flow wires.

But as I think about this, property nodes etc have the error cluster ctrl/indicator to wire up and I always wire these for program flow. Property nodes and Invoke nodes use UI thread should these be separate from data flow wire... so one thread doesn't wait on the other?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,953 Views)