From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

execution sequence

Hi all,

I have three case structure.

I want to define the execution sequence as shown in the following ex .

Please help its urgent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,914 Views)

Hi Cool : ASDF,

you can do it with a state machine. You need only one case structure for it. Create a case for each of your actions.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,912 Views)

Thanks for quick reply

I dont know basics about state machine, can u provide one example how to implement my code.

actually i dont have that much time to understand about the state machine,

as i have to provide it to customer.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,902 Views)

Hi,

is it your homework for tomorrow?

For more information on this, see the example finder.

Mike

Message 4 of 9
(2,889 Views)

Cool,

Just type in 'State Machines' in NI's website search bar, there must be hundreds of examples already available. If you dont have time to learn about a state machine then your 'customer' should get his 3 execution software written elsewhere.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,880 Views)
You should start with this KB article: Application Design Patterns: State Machines.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,857 Views)
The quick and dirty solution is to put them in a sequence structure to force execution order.
G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,838 Views)
Implementing your sequential state machine now will save you time in the future, so I would suggest doing it now also if you look at the VI from template at the start screen for labview you can go down to Standard State Machine and it will give you a basic state machine to start with
Harold Timmis
htimmis@fit.edu
Orlando,Fl
*Kudos always welcome:)
Message 8 of 9
(2,820 Views)

Yamaeda wrote:
The quick and dirty solution is to put them in a sequence structure to force execution order.

I'm surprised to see this suggestion but please do not follow this advice. LabVIEW is a dataflow language, not a traditional sequencial language. If you follow this advice you will not be able to harness the full power of dataflow programming. Please take some time to learn the basic concepts of dataflow programming. State machines are very easy to implement in LabVIEW and they are a fantastic programming model. As suggested by Harold earlier in this thread take the time to learnhow to use them. It will pay off many fold in the future.

Message Edited by Mark Yedinak on 03-29-2010 08:23 AM

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 9 of 9
(2,787 Views)