From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.exe white screen after using application builder on a working program.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm new to Labview developement and i have a problem.

I modified an application to adapt it to my needs and when i launch it in debug there's no problem (Labview 7 Express).

After using the application builder to build my new soft, i have a white screen at launch.

I've already tried before to use the apps builder and succeed with this same soft (when my changes were on progress) ,and it worked.

Do someone have an idea? Do you need more infos?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,535 Views)

You may need to post your code for anyone to be able to assist with your issue. Can you do that?

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(2,517 Views)

So the software and build worked, and then you changed something, and it stopped working....

So what did you change?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,512 Views)

Also, do you still have an unmodified version of the original code that you can try building? This would also help isolate whether it is your changes or a problem in the application build process.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 4 of 14
(2,501 Views)

Hi,

First, thank you all for your answers.

Next, some infos:

- I can't diffuse my sources.

- I tried to create an exe with the previous sources. Result : white screen.

- I tried to uninstal all my labview stuff and re-instal all. Result : white screen.

- Sorry for the lack of clarity, basicly, i changed the main v.i.... 2 text constant (version and modification trace) and i modified a "print screen" (a front panel v.i. that's made to be printed in wich i add some  text fields and linked thoses fields to the source: a global constant v.i.) 

Does it helps?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,483 Views)

Can you roll-back to the last working version of your software and try rebuilding it? Does it still work or does that now produce a white-screen in the exe?

*Divulge, not diffuse Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 14
(2,470 Views)

I tried to roll-back to the last working version of my software and rebuild it but it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(2,454 Views)

I'm going to guess that something else has changed on your system, perhaps during the period when you were making your changes, that somehow influences the building or running of LabVIEW executables. Are you developing under Windows? Has there been an update applied recently? Did you install something else, or update any drivers, recently?

What happens if you take executable, and run it on another PC with the runtime engine installed?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(2,443 Views)

Thank you for your help.

So :

- I tried to launch it on another pc and it failed (always blank screen).

- I installed a driver for a p8r8 (icpdas).

- I installed drivers + soft easylabel to comunicate with a printer.

- I develop under Windows

I'll not be near my pc for 2 weeks (since this afternoon, for work) and will not be able to answer.

If any idea comes to you since then i'll be happy to try them as soon as i'm back. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,439 Views)

You have not indicated whether your own code does anything related to hardware.

Also, which version of Windows are you running? Is it the same version that was used to develop and build the code initially?

You might try updating the video drivers. I've seen some strange things happen in the LabVIEW environment because of video drivers.

Message 10 of 14
(2,435 Views)