cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exe contains python node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello:

I'm having trouble generating an exe that contains a python node.

My source program works fine, but when I turn it into an application, I get an error in 1663:vi?? . I did some checking to narrow down the scope, and found that the same error will be reported when vi programs only include open python callback programs. Whether can i think of it as opening a python session is an error. How exactly can we solve this? What are the considerations for vi to generate an exe containing python node?

Looking forward to your reply, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(707 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hallo77

These articles would be helpful

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000wzGfCAI&l=en-US

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000YHmyCAG&l=en-US

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
Message 2 of 6
(694 Views)

Thank you for your reply, but at the moment I am still getting an error when running the generated exe on the development computer.It's very confusing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(683 Views)

Thank you very much. My problem is solved. But I had a new problem. When generating the installer, can I add the libraries that python needs, such as pyserial, to the installer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(657 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hallo77

You can include the "whl" files for the libraries, you can create a post-install script to call "pip install" after the installer installs Python.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(608 Views)

Thanks for your reply. I would have a try.What I would prefer is to be able to self-install even when offline. That might be a little difficult.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(589 Views)