From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excel report generation does not exit excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Try saving the report as a .xls. The windows office 2003 compatible version. It appears that just worked on my second computer.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(2,405 Views)

No luck with the .xls, the excel task still stays open.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(2,394 Views)

@tmf171 wrote:

Try saving the report as a .xls. The windows office 2003 compatible version. It appears that just worked on my second computer. 

For me this makes no difference.  I edited the saved name to be .xls and ran.  The report was made and openeing it opens it in compatibility mode.  But if I don't open it, just let it be made, Excel.EXE remains in the task manager.

EDIT:  If I remove the Save step all together it still remains running.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(2,391 Views)

Thanks for the help, I was able to work your code into my project.

This is how I worked it into the original example.

Report Example_FINAL.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(2,374 Views)

I have LabVIEW 2012 and office 2010 and Excel stays open.  As soon as I close the VI however, the Excel instance closes as well.  So that leads me to believe that the references are not being closed properly in the Dispose VI.  There seems to be a lot of problems all over the programming world with this one issue.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(2,365 Views)

Glad you got it working.  I still think a CAR should be opened for this.  It's easily reproducable, but has a work around, even if its a little harsh.

Message 16 of 33
(2,359 Views)

I agree with a CAR.  Where would I do that?  Usually an engineer comes along and takes care of it.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(2,354 Views)

@_Bryan wrote:

I agree with a CAR.  Where would I do that?  Usually an engineer comes along and takes care of it.

Yeah same here really.  I just wanted to voice an opinion other then OP that there is a bug.  Plenty of people post topics saying there is a bug or issue and until someone else confirms it I'm guessing NI doesn't pay too much attention.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(2,348 Views)

I guess since I now have the "LabVIEW Overlord" blessing it should be fixed by the weekend?  Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(2,344 Views)

We're kind of like Beetlejuice!

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention, I'm going to spend some time reproducing this and let you know if a CAR gets filed or if we find a better workaround. 

Happy weekend!

Nathan Murphy
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(2,324 Views)