LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example is not opened from detailed help window

I tried to open an example related the "Case Structure" in the "Detailed Help" window but it didn't work (I clicked on the "Open example" in the "Detailed Help" window.  Of course I  could open the examples database under "Help" but it will take time to find a specific example.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,737 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

At my system with LV 2011 the Simple Case Structure.vi Example opens as expected.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,731 Views)

LabView 2011 with version 11.0 (32 bit)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,729 Views)

Do you use a lokalized version or the english one?

Do you even find the Example I mentioned before using the example finder?

And does ther happen anything when you click to open this example in the detailed help window or does there happen just nothing?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,726 Views)

I found the simple case example from the examples folder. 

Nothing happened when I clicked on the "Open example" in the "Detailed Help" window.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,723 Views)

Have you checked the list of services? This question has been asked before. When LabVIEW gets installed there's like a thousand services that also get installed. I don't recall which service is needed in order to open the examples. Most start with "National Instruments". In earlier versions it was the NI Service Locator that was needed. Another thing to check is to see if the service are being blocked by your firewall. That's another common reason.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,717 Views)

How can I check?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,691 Views)

Which part? For the services, you need to use the operating system by using the Services snap-in for MMC. For the firewall, well, you'd need to check your firewall documentation to see what it's currenly blocking and check against this list: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CEF5A3568A5DA71D8625732800520EA1

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,687 Views)