LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

example 2 channel oscilloscope VI using real signals

Solved!
Go to solution

I am seeking a 2 channel oscilloscope VI that uses real signals, no the simulated signals that are used by "Two Chennel Oscilloscope.vi" which I found under Examples when I searched for "scope" or "oscilloscope".

I found on an NI website "One_Channel_Simple_Scope.llb".  I think it uses real signals.  I downloaded it but could not run the VI.  When I tried to do so, it did not compile successfully.  The error messages were that several subVIs were not found: DAQmx read.vi, DAQmx timing.vi, etc.  I have LV 8.6 and NI 6221 multifunction DAQ card installed in a standard configutration in a Winows Vista environment.  Do I need to set a path variable to tell LV where to find these VIs?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
(10,018 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author WCR

Not a high sampling rate, but this does use L and R sound card inputs for 2 channels:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4834

Did you install traditional DAQ drivers and no the newer DAQmx style? That may be the source of your errors.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 4
(10,013 Views)
The program you suggest looks excellent.  I downloaded it and got the same errors as previously reported: "can't find DAQmx ....vi".  I don't know the answer to your question about whether I installed traditinoal or modern DAQmx routines.  Modern I think.  Whatever the default was is probably what I did.  And I have discovered that other VIs I have written that used to work no longer work, for similar reasons.  (Been a few months since I used Labview.)  Maybe some files got deleted that shouldn't have been.  I hope I don't have to reinstall Labview.  Is there some place I should look for certain things, and if so where and what?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(10,000 Views)
Try installing/reinstalling the DAQmx drivers from the device driver DVD.
Message 4 of 4
(9,981 Views)