cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,,,

I have 3 buttons suppose new,open and delete.i have put each of these cases in an event

Now if i press new button, it has 3 radio buttons suppose a,b and c and this would get highlighted. It will check if a is pressed, if not it would display something and exit. and if a is pressed,it will check if b/c is pressed. If b is pressed glow the round led and if c is pressed glow the sqaure led .what i have done is have put case structure inside the events.similarly for other events open and delete have cases inside it.

But what i observe is once the event occurs and if the buton a,b or c is not pressed and if the execution reaches there and it gets false(radio buttons),and further if i press the button it doesnt get it true....how can i handle this case.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,410 Views)

Hi saki,

Have you done any coding so far?

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,406 Views)

Hi...

Ya very little of coding...I am a beginner in labview.so will be needing your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,403 Views)

Hi saki,

can you upload what you have done so far?

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,393 Views)

Hi saki,

Can you explain a little bit more about your application and post your code?

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,392 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author saki

Sounds like you're reading the radio buttons in the wrong place so it doesn't update. It's a common problem.

By putting the cases in an event i hope you mean you have 1 event/button.

If most of the event read the radio buttons it's probably easiest to put the radio control outside the event structure (but ofc inside the while loop) so it's read each time and wired into each event.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,376 Views)