From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event structure and radio buttons

The Mac and Windows versions have been pretty well synced since version 3 or 3.1.  Versions 2.2.1(Mac)  and 2.5 (Windows) were not.

I recall the event structure in LV 6 for the Mac. It might have been 6.1.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,499 Views)

I'm pretty sure they're right about the Event Structure.  I'm also pretty sure it doesn't really matter now. You know you have it now.

With the application you have, what's preventing the inner loop from completing?  I wouldn't expect a wait to have anything to do with it finishing.  What is supposed to make it stop? 

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 27
(1,478 Views)

Grant Johnson wrote:

"I start all my projects with the JKI state machine. If you haven't tried it then I suggest you try it out. "

This is interesting.  I will try it out.  What is the fee for a license?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 27
(1,462 Views)

Here is the link for the JKI state machine.  There is no fee for using it

http://jki.net/state-machine

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,456 Views)

No fee for using the JKI state machine.  

Grant M. Johnson
Project Engineer
LECO Corporation
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,429 Views)

I've used the JKI state machine a little bit, but I find it hard to stick to their "best practices". They recommend running multiple states through the "macro states", and not to generate new states otherwise. In most of my test applications the next state often depends on some parameters and needs to be figured out, so if I have a test to run in a state machine, I still need to run it in a parallel loop.

Thus, the JKI state machine is used for handling UI events mostly. It does a fine job of this, but I don't think the sophistication is necessary.

edit: PS: here are the best practices I was referring to: http://blog.jki.net/products/state-machine/jki-state-machine-best-practices/

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,415 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

I've used the JKI state machine a little bit, but I find it hard to stick to their "best practices".

Their best practices are there because of overall pros and cons of doing something a particular way.  I'd recommend trying to stick with them, but if they just don't work for you, then do your own thing.  It's open source BSD and you're welcome to develop code any way you like.  So if each state can enqueue a new state then that is your design choice to make.  

This is one of their best practicies that I have a hard time sticking to as well, but I know how much effort one method is, and how much difficulty later another method will give me.

Message 27 of 27
(1,345 Views)