LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview stops on one VI during a search for text in whole project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, i have strange problem. I have a quite large project (363 VIs) written using Actor Framework. When searching (ctrl-f) for a text, LV is searching next files, but when it comes to file Helpers.lvlib:Test watki.vi (206 of 363) then stops. LV is not hanging, i can click 'Stop...' and working again. But i cannot looking in a rest of files. It is for some time, previously, this problem did not occur.

Regards,

Kacper

LV search problem.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,708 Views)

Have you considered letting it do it's thing and go get a cup of coffee or something?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,687 Views)

I persevered 10 minutes and nothing. It took couple of seconds to search entire project earlier.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,670 Views)

Ahhh, new information.  It used to work and now it doesn't.

Okay, so what has changed?  Maybe dependency paths have changed and now you are accidentally searching a network path or a thumb drive?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,664 Views)

This project is still changing. I missed a moment when it stopped working. Dependencies are ok. It even doesn't work when I'm searching at this one particular file.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,655 Views)

Did someone change something in the library?  I'm not sure if changing the scope of something prevents you from searching inside it or not... but if it did, I would think ti would warn you.  So I'm out of ideas for the moment.

But maybe you should check if something in the library has changed anyway.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,650 Views)

This project is copied from another computer. It uses a webservice library generated and copied from that computer. I can't check if it works at primary PC now, but as i remember it not. But i'll check it later.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,644 Views)

MORE new information.  The files were copied from another computer.  This opens up a whole new can of worms.  Anything else worth mentioning?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,638 Views)
What is LabVIEW's CPU utilization doing while you are "persevering".

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,634 Views)

No Bill, thank you. Only this one, but the path to library is the same on both PCs. And BTW i mentioned in first post that it worked well some time ago.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(2,631 Views)