LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

etcd

Has anyone looked at how to implement an etcd (etcd | Home) interface in LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(830 Views)

No, but a brief look shows that it uses HTTP(S) as transport and JSON as message format. Both are the hard part to solve and certainly available as existing libraries, so it should be fairly straight forward. Now you need to implement some string formatting and parsing to put together the right JSON body, send it off through the HTTP Client library and parse the result and that should be it.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(779 Views)

Good suggestions, thanks.

My current application is very limited, so I solved it by downloading etcdctl. I put the etcdctl.exe file in the LV application folder, so I can use the application folder constant to give a fully-qualified name that can be passed on to System Exec.vi. I handle the JSON decoding with very specific code extract the data I need.

The reason I am doing this is that we have a control system for a radio telescope that uses an etcd key/value store for monitor points and commands. I was getting frustrated trying to do a python implementation that I could paass on to someone to use on a laptop in the field. Setting up Pythoon with the relevant packages was a pain. but with LV I can easily create an installer that includes the etcdctl.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(756 Views)