LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error:the number of sample must be >0 please help.

Solved!
Go to solution

dear genius.

I searched the same error in this board but I can not understand how can i fix my problem.

I am just a beginner in LV so I need your help. I made AM modulation and demodulation vi .

when  I first used "simulated signal" as message signal, noting happened.

but, I changed simulated signal as "acquire sound", and add a play waveform, after that, problem occured.

actually, I can not understand about sample number or sampler rate .

how can i fix my problem?

and do you know some website to exercise digital communication using usrp and labview for trying ?

please let me know your idea.

thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,398 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kimjihwan123

It looks like your waveform alignment is leaving you with empty waveforms.  You could just get rid of it.  Just make sure the number of samples generated in your carrier is the same as that generated by your acquiring of the sound waveform.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,384 Views)

thanks kingt of ni 

thanks again. but can you tell me the differecne between sample rate and sample per second?  (I thoungt it was same)

I changed sample rate in acquring sound as 60000 , but it changed automatically,  as 48000..?....so, in a result, the number of samples were different but it worked. (I did not hear i recorded. just strange sound i guess...)

I do not know why..

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,348 Views)

@kimjihwan123 wrote:

thanks kingt of ni 

thanks again. but can you tell me the differecne between sample rate and sample per second?  (I thoungt it was same)

First of all Knight of NI is my title.  Crossrulz is my alias.

Secondly, Sample Rate is the same as Samples Per Second.  But you want to make sure your sample rate and number of samples gathered are the same from both sources.  I would also turn off the Actual Time (or whatever it is called) in the Simulate Signal so  that it just gives you the sine wave instead of using time to generate it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,335 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@kimjihwan123 wrote:

thanks kingt of ni 

First of all Knight of NI is my title.  Crossrulz is my alias.

I wish you would have replied with "You're welcome member"

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,301 Views)