LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in Print Report.vi

I get "Unknown Error in Print Report.vi", error code -2147352567 when I run Text Report Example.vi in LabVIEW 6.1. My own code that ran OK in LabVIEW 6.0.2 also produces this same result in V6.1. I have not changed printers. Help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,418 Views)
Hi.
I don't have exact solution for your problem, but it is very familiar to what I experienced.
I install 6.1 and Report Generation toolkit included with new package. I had all my programs written in 6.0.2 with Report Generation from version 1.0.
Almost every other VI from Report Generation did not work after I recompiled my VI into Labview 6.1. I spent several days trying to understand what is going on, made several calls to NI tech support, but nobody could help me. Finally I found solution:
Uninstall New Report Generation toolkit Version 1.0a included into latest package of Labview 6.1 and install the very first version (I have it distributed as separate CD).
After such maneuver everything works fine.

I had another problem with this tool and especially Pri
nt report.vi:
I have PDS package, and Print report.vi works excellent on my computer printing Standard Report. However when I create stand-alone application and distribute it together with run-time engine on user computers, it gives me error and I can only print creating Excel or Word type of report.

So, that is my experience. I think NI still has several bugs to work on. And if you find any other solutions, please let me know.
Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,418 Views)
Sometimes the NI reports ActiveX objects get a little flaky when you install one version of NI Reports over another. First see if the NI Reports type library is properly registered with the system. Drop an activeX refnum, and see if NI Reports is in the list of classes. If it is, you might first try manually relinking the NI Reports VIs to the ActiveX class. Otherwise:

1)Erase the NI Reports folder from the National Instruments\shared directory.

2)Open the registry editor and erase the NI Reports key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\National Instruments.

3)Reinstall the newest version of the LabVIEW Runtime Engine, this will also reinstall the newest version of NI Reports.
Message 3 of 13
(3,418 Views)
Tried 1-3 to no effect. NI Reports is in the list of classes. How do I "...manually relink..."?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,418 Views)
Before you do that, check the size of the margins. Some printers have a minimum margin size. If you try to set the margins too small, you might get this error.

If its not that, use highlight execution and step modes to find out exactly where the error is coming from. Open up the problem VI and first try doing a force recompile, press CTRL+ALT+Run Arrow. See if it makes any difference. The error must be coming from either an automation open, a property or invoke node. If its an open, right click on the associated refnum and rechoose the activex class for it. If its a property or invoke node, try replacing it with a new one.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,418 Views)
I already checked into the margins but to no effect.

The "unknown error" comes from the "Invoke Method:Printout" within "Print Report.vi". I deleted and replaced the Invoke but got the same result. CTRL+ALT+Run Arrow yielded no error, but still no printout.

If I build an executable with the Application Builder, the executable prints properly. The .vi's running within LabVIEW 6.1 will not.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,418 Views)
So the Text Report Example VI in 6.1 doesn't work in the development environment,but if you build a 6.1 executable and run it on the same machine it works?!! That is bizarre. Do you still have 6.0 installed on that machine? Does it work there?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,418 Views)
That's correct. Both Text Report Example.vi and my .vi run when built into executables, but they both fail in the 6.1 development environment. They both fail at "Print Report.vi".

I uninstalled 6.0 right after I installed 6.1, but before I found this problem. 😞 Then I uninstalled and re-installed 6.1 a few times trying to solve this problem. I'd rather not re-install 6.0; I've wasted enough time on this already. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,418 Views)
Hi.
I followed your letters exchange from the very beginning. As I described it in the first reply on your question, I had the same problem. And now I am very sure that you have exactly the same story.
So, try un-install report generation toolset through the Control panel>>Add/remove software.
Then, install report generation toolkit from Labview 6.0. In my case it works just perfect without loosing functionality.

Good luck.

Peter.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,418 Views)
I don't have a "report generation toolset" appearing in the Control panel>>Add/remove software.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,418 Views)