From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code -33

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to build a project.  The first time it asks if i have the distributions it lists a project i had previously had worked on but have since deleted and dont have access to so i answer no to if i have the listed distributions.  After that it lets me tell it what distributions i do have and i check all that i do and go forward.  i then get the following message without any prompts to help the builder find the distributions and it errors out.

CDK_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Build_Invoke.vi >> CDK_Engine_Main.vi >> CDK_Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_VerifyItemPresent.vi

Loading product deployment information

Loading product deployment information

Adding files to installer

Done adding files

Preparing to build deployment

Copying products from distributions

*** Error: Input data from a source data file has errors. (Error code -33)

Error in ini file: D:\Distributions\MeasurementStudio 8.6\nidist.id

*** End Error Report

*** End Error Report

Error verifying distribution present: National Instruments Device Drivers - February 2009, Disk 1

*** End Error Report

Done building deployment

any help on this would be great as it is holding me up 

i also found another post explaing to goto the registry and change the path of distributions with bad paths to the CD-ROM root directory so that it would prompt if it wasnt found, well i found a bunch of distributions in the registry named after my previous project.  is it okay to just delete these from the registry entirely?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,868 Views)
i think i have figured this out as i went to the add/remove programs in control panel and then did a repair and selected all the products i thought i packaged with that old project and hopefull that repairs the registry keys if anyone was curious enough to know.  Ill mark solution if this works
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,843 Views)
this didn't fix it
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,838 Views)
What type of project are you trying to do? Create an exe, dll, installer? You've specified Measurement Studio which has nothing to do with LabVIEW. Is this a LabVIEW project you are trying to create or another language?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,824 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BrentSchenk
it's a labview project and i am building an installer but i actually gave tech support a call after i had enough headaches for the day (might as well if im paying for a service agreement) and it turned out that because i had installed an application with these features prior to actually installing my development suite on this computer the distributions pointed to that old installer from that app.  I just had to reinstall each component (488.2, VISA Runtime, and various NI System Components).  Lesson today:  make sure to install things in the correct order or at least remember when things got installed.  Thanks for replying in any case, this probably wasnt the appropriate board but i wasnt sure which one was.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,814 Views)