cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error at easy excel text in stand alone

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

Receiving error -2146827284 at easy excel text in stand alone app.  This application works fine in the development environment just fine, but not in executable.  I have included the class and library in my build.  One difference is target computer is running MS office 2013 and development 2010.  Any suggestions? Image of error attached.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(3,463 Views)

A Google search yields useful information.

Does it occur after a certain amount of time?  If so, you may have reached the row limit for excel worksheets.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(3,452 Views)

Occurs on the first iteration.  i have not found much information on the web.  Can you send some links please?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(3,449 Views)
Just a thought : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C9408B9F08D711E786256F3300701D01?OpenDocument
- what's the version of report generation toolkit you have?
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(3,448 Views)

I have LV 2015 and RG 2015.  I also have LV and RG 2011 on the same computer.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(3,441 Views)

Then it sounds like a file location problem to me due to the fact that it works in the IDE but not in EXE.  Check the path to your template file.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(3,419 Views)

Path to template is correct because the template file loads.  Its only when i try to write to file through the excel easy text that i get the error.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(3,413 Views)
Are you sure you are creating exe with RG 15 vis and not RG 11, because RG 11 doesn't support office 2013.
Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(3,405 Views)

How do i validate that i am?

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(3,403 Views)

@matt198717 wrote:

Path to template is correct because the template file loads.  Its only when i try to write to file through the excel easy text that i get the error.

How do you know the template file loads?  Does it open up on screen or are you doing error checks?  If not, don't assume that because the error pops up during the write process that the error occurred there....that it didn't occur somewhere prior to writing and was simply passed there thru wires.  

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 28
(3,396 Views)