cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 7--files not in expected locations

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

The software in question worked until yesterday morning, at which point it would generate an error 7 (file not found) the moment it was started. The backup software (also completely functional) generates the same error, as does another VI which needs a couple of the same files. After some debugging, I found the source of the error in the third VI--a subVI that was trying to open a .ini file and couldn't find it using the file path it had been given. I altered the program and the execution error was solved.

Here's the problem: The main software still doesn't work even with the fix, possibly because it calls the same file in several different subVIs and possibly because that whatever caused the file paths to this one specific file to stop working, did the exact same thing to whatever other .ini/.txt files the software calls. I'm wondering if anybody knows the root cause of this--if maybe this could happen if the main software was saved the wrong way or something. A general fix would of course also be nice. 

Sorry I'm not posting images, but the program is large enough that it really isn't very possible to do so.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,030 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author andrewc

I feel you yourself have found the cause and the solution too. You have moved a file from a location that is hard wired in your program. If there are multiple calls then instead of tweaking with the path try replacing the file that you moved to the location needed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,022 Views)