LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 200279

hi .....i m using pci 6025 data acquisition card to get voltage inputs to  the labview .....it was running alrite before but now its not running and giving error 200279...plz help me with that.........................thanks .....................the error is in this form

"Error -200279 occurred at an unidentified location
Possible reason(s):
Attempted to read samples that are no longer available. The requested sample was previously available, but has since been overwritten.
Increasing the buffer size, reading the data more frequently, or specifying a fixed number of samples to read instead of reading all available samples might correct the problem."

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,502 Views)

Hi,

My guess is your buffer overflow.  That happens when you have continuous acquition task, and you are not reading (emptying) your buffer quick enough.  When you start a continuous task, your buffer will continue to be populated at the frequency you specified until you stop the task. 

1. Try increaes the buffer size by increase the number of samples per channels.  When you setup the task, becareful about your frequency of acquisition and number of samples in buffer (for continuous mode).  For example, let say that the frequency is 1000 Hz and you select 1000 samples per channel.  That means your buffer will only be able to contain data for 1s before it overflow.  Try increasing the samples per channel to about twice your frequency.  You want to give yourself some extra room.

2. Make sure you are reading (emptying) your buffer in time. 

Yik

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,496 Views)
thanks for ur rply....but i dont exactly know how to increase buffer size as i m new in labview ....kindly give me a little detail abt that..........i m using tone measurement block in labview for measuring voltages value from the DAQ......i have to take 4 inputs ...........plz rply as soon as u can ..................regards
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,477 Views)

Please post your VI so we can see what you are doing now and how your different DAQ settings are set up.

Also, please post your messages using full English words and not using "text messaging speak".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,475 Views)

hi ........i have attached my vi in this msg.......kindly see that and help me out with that.......i have incresed my sample rate and sample to read to 10k and 1k respectively........now the vi is working but i am not getting output on the graphs and numeric block in labview.......actually the circuit i have interfaced with the DAQ is for measuring power .......i have used optocouplers in the circuits to give isolation between DAQ and the voltage.......but yesterday one of my optocoupler is short circuited ...i dont know why......and after that i am getting this problem of not displaying graphs and numeric data in labview...........i hope i have cleared my problem.....if still there is any problem in getting my point ...i can give u more details.......thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,463 Views)

Hi,

It looks like your code is quite processor intensive and I am guessing that loop is taking to long to process the data and then read the next set of data before the buffer overflows.

You can either increase your buffer, reduce the number of points to acquire or reduce the aquisition rate.

Also the express VIs are not the most processor friendly way of implementing you code. However, using the express VIs you can configure the buffer/acquisition rate as shown below.

untitled.JPG

David
www.controlsoftwaresolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,458 Views)

Also.......

dont forget increasing your buffer size might not solve the issue of overflow rather just delay the overflow!

David
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,457 Views)
hi......................i am still waiting for solution to my problem ......plz help me in that.....regards
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,440 Views)

Have you tried the previous suggestions?

Try to perform the acquisition without using the express VI (example shown below). This will give you more control over the acquisition. Also, you need to consider HOW MANY SAMPLES YOU NEED TO ACQUIRE, and AT WHAT RATE. Do you need 10K samples per cycle for your application? If not reducing the number of samples to acquire will help.

untitled.JPG

You will find lots of examples using the example finder (Help>>Find Examples). You can then browse for DAQmx examples under hardware

untitled2.JPG

David
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,434 Views)

Are you the same person as 9?  Why would you create another new login name?  Is that just to confuse people?

Also, you still insist on using text message speak.  Poor communication skills aren't going to help you get your problem solved.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,428 Views)