LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -200279 in Labview

Hello every one,

Actually I am a beginner in Labview when I am working on labview I encountered with the following error

Error -200279 occurred at simultaneous analog read and write.vi

Increasing the buffer size, reading the data more frequently, or specifying a fixed number of samples to read instead of reading all available samples might correct the problem.

Property: RelativeTo
Corresponding Value: Current Read Position
Property: Offset
Corresponding Value: 0

Task Name: _unnamedTask<16>

also I am attaching the code with it, can you kindly advice me regarding this error.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,628 Views)

It looks as though you are trying to read 10 times per second inside the loop. You are also calling Write to Spreadsheet File.vi on each iteration of the loop.  That VI opens the file, writes data to it, and closes the file each time it is called.  You also have the append to file? input unwired which means it defaults to False.  That results in overwriting your file every time.  If the OS takes more than 100 ms to open-write-close the file you will eventually get overflow errors.

The 3D graph may be slow also.

Look at the Producer/Consumer Design Pattern for a way to isolate the DAQ timing from display and file timing.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,624 Views)

Actually I don't need the data saving into the file, so I removed that but still I am encountering the same error. And also I took a look at producer/consumer problem but I can't understand it clearly due to large number of wiring. Can you tell me how to avoid that error so that I can try out that way. I am attaching my modified code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,593 Views)

I notice that you are generating the X-Frequency and Y-Frequency data at a smpling rate of 1000 S/s but are writing it at 5000 S/s.  I wonder if your error is in the write portion.

Try this modified version.  I stripped everything except the Read out of the loop and added several error indicators. (You were not checking the task done? output of the DAQmx Is Task Done.vi, so having it does not make much sense).  This will tell you at a glance where the first error occurs rather than trying to interpret the Error Handler dialog.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,580 Views)

Thank you for helping me out by changing the code I executed the code which you have posted. I got error at error 4 which specifies same reason as I posted above. So I just modified the input rate and update generation rate to 1000, after changing that values I got the error quite after the analog input loop ran four times but before changing that values, in the first time only I got the error, So does changing the values have any effect? and a,so I can't interpret what the error is and how to solve that. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,573 Views)

Sometimes the sampling rates and the number of samples to read or write can interact in ways whihc seem strange.  WIthout access to your hardware, it is difficult to suggest what might be the best approach.  Try changing those parameters to see what happens.  

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,564 Views)

Hi,

One parameter that you might try increasing is the Samples per Channel input on the timing VI. When running a continuous acquisition, samples per channel = buffer size. The error in your first post is caused when your read VI runs less often then you sample data on your hardware; this causes the buffer to fill up and start overwriting things. The things Lynn suggested would increase your loop speed, therefore increasing how often your read VI read data reads from the buffer. Since that didn't affect things enough, I suggest decreasing your "input rate" or increasing the buffer size (increasing samples per channel)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,548 Views)