From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1172 System.EntryPointNotFoundException while invoking a .net assembly

Solved!
Go to solution

Greetings everyone, this thread is closely related to this one: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Controlling-an-Addi-Data-CPCI-3009-via-LabVIEW/m-p/3361295#M989039

But since the issue has shifted quite a bit, I believe it is best to have its own, more descriptive thread. After digging a bit, I found what might be the solution to my problem, an installer containing a .dll that I could, theorically, use to command the card from LV via dll invokes. I have digested every bit about the topic I could find, but I have hit a brickwall again. I can open the reference to the dll just fine, but when I try to use an invoke node, I get an "error 1172 System.EntryPointNotFoundException." 

I have attached the project folder, which contains the dll as well. Originally it claimed it could not find the required dll, so I set one with the name constructor node wants, and one with the name invoke node wants, but they're in essence the same, just different names. I am attempting to call the open board with an empty string, which since I do not have the card in this system, should return either a -1 (not available identifier) or -2 (board not available), but instead I get the error. I have even attempted to uninstall and reinstall the .net framework, with no success in the problem whatsoever. Is there something else I am missing?

The .zip contains:

-A barebones project with just a build and call VI

-The include folder with the .h file (unsure if needed, unused so far)

-The .net based dll folder found

-The documentation regarding the properties that can be accessed.

Shall you require the whole package (just examples in C and the such) it can be found here: ftp://addi-data.com/

I used the CD option (the big 294MB file), but directory also lists a 3009 option which I am unsure what does.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,219 Views)

Hi Daikataro,

I found some links about the subject, take a look at them if you haven't 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Why-am-I-getting-Error-1172-when-trying-to-invoke-NET-assembly/td-p/...

http://compgroups.net/comp.lang.labview/error-1172-when-calling-a-net-assembly/787962

I also suggest you search for that error on Microsoft and changing .NET (either upgrade or downgrade) 

Message 2 of 3
(3,154 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daikataro

Hey there, thanks for the advice, tho I had already seen those and they don't shed much of a light in the subject, since my dll does not (at the moment) reside in a network drive, and I preemptively called it from the project folder. I however found out that the solution was laughably simple.

Turns out the dll must also reside in c:/windows/syswow64 (or sys32 if for some reason you still have a 32 bit OS) in order for LV to be able to correctly call it. Crazy right? But as soon as I copied it to the system folder, it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,149 Views)