LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error 1073807331 when trying to Run the "servo" example in Labview.

Error -1073807331 occurred at Property Node (arg 2) in VISA Configure Serial Port (Instr).vi->LabVIEW Interface for Arduino.lvlib:Init.vi->LabVIEW Interface for Arduino.lvlib:Arduino Servo.vi

So, I can connect to the Arduino Mega 2560 in MAX and also in VISA, but when I try to run this example, I get the above error.  with the explanation "The specified attribute is not defined or supported by the referenced resource."

the ONLY error i can see in VISA is this :

under Configuration/View attributes-  "Interrupt in pipe status | VI_ATTR_USB_INTR_IN_STATUS | Invalid Property Value"

this is in red., all other text is in black.

Under "Input/Output" I can write to the board "*IDN?\n" and get a return of 6bytes which it appears happy with.

Query button appears happy as well.

as does "Read"

the "read status byte" button gives me "

Read STB Operation
Error

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF003A) Unable to start operation because setup is invalid (due to attributes being set to an inconsistent state)."

I am at a loss as to what to do about this as I cannot see a way to change this value.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jason Lee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,186 Views)

Yes, i searched. and searched, and read dozens of threads.  (in case this is why i have no response)

If I can get it to talk properly, I can code from there.  I  spent at least 70 percent of my weekend trying to achieve this, to no avail.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,155 Views)

Hi jsgarage,

It sounds like that property node is trying to set an attribute that can't be set for the specific hardware. Interrupt In Pipe Status is an attribute for the USB device. I would check out this article (the USB Raw Class section especially) and make sure that the configurations you're setting for the device are correct.

David S.
Message 3 of 8
(4,138 Views)

From a quick scan of that page, I am certain that is the procedure I performed, but I will do it step by step again, and see if I can gain a better result.

Thankyou

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,129 Views)

You are not supposed to use the VISA wizard to create a connection. You should look at this. Your Arduino should appear as a com port. You should not do anything related to USB RAW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,127 Views)

OK, well I know how to connect the arduino to my PC as well, its simple.

I have been playing around with the mega2560 for over a year, so  it's not that.

I can connect to and talk to the 2560 from the arduino IDE, but not LabView.    I did see both TX and RX activity tonight, and thought, "yay! its finally stopped being retarded", but as soon as I hit run, it fell back to the old"cannot find arduino"

the reason I was using VISA was because I couldn't get any joy from the serial/USB method.  

If I somehow mange to let the magic smoke out of this, I doubt I'd be very upset bout it.

anyway, any other ideas?

Cheers

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,104 Views)

Hi jsgarage,

It looks like the error is coming from within the Configure Serial Port VI, which seems to be explained in this KnowledgeBase article. I don't believe you're using your serial port, so you might consider modifying the Configure Serial Port VI to not set that property, or perhaps configure the example to not call the Configure Serial Port VI.

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,082 Views)

That KB article doesn't make any sense.  The VISA Configure Serial Port VI doesn't have any "Is Port Connected?" property node in it.  Argument 2 within that VI is setting the baud rate of the serial port.

So I suspect and incorrect baud rate is being set for the serial port.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,073 Views)