From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enter problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody.

I have been using labview for some time now and have never encountered this problem:

whenever i run a vi and press enter button (for example, when trying to change value in a control box) the front panel always jumps to the same tab control in my program. No matter where and when i press enter, it is always the same - the front panel jumps to mentioned tab control. This only happens during "run" mode.

This doesn't happen in labview 8.6 or 8.5 - only in 7.1, which i need for this program (compatibility issues).

Any help is appreciated,

Klemen P.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,641 Views)

ty.PNG

In button properties check this

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,632 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Klemen

Hi Klemen,

is this with all the Tab-Controls or just this one?

What you can do is open the properties of 'any' control and look in the 'Key navigation' page to see if there are bindings that use the enter key.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,629 Views)

I had the key "enter" assigned as "default view", which was one of my tabs. Don't know how this happened, by my accident i suppose. Anyway thank you both for helping me, and saving some valuable time...

Regards, 

Klemen

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/kl3m3n

"Kudos: Users may give one another Kudos on the forums for posts that they found particularly helpful or insightful."
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,599 Views)