From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing table properties

I created a table for displaying data and modified some property nodes.  A couple of questions that i can't quite get right though.

1.  Is there a way to get the columns to adjust to the data width to display all the data.  Maybe some way to wrap the data underneath and expand the row width or just to expand the column width to fit the data.  Wrapping would be ideal but the later is sufficient.

2.  Make the column headers in bolded text.

3.  Add some sort of cursors that would be abe to move up and down the rows of the table.  for example i have a "Sample number" column that just increments by 1 and if i wanted to know the difference between two samples i would be able to move the cursors and get the difference between them.

4.  is there a way to highlight a particular value if it matches an exact value that i am looking for.

Attached is a vi that creates a table.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,787 Views)

Please, look attached example

To make columns headers font to be bold: you use property ActiveCell with row value = -1 and change property Cell.Font.Style to bold

For auto-updating column width to most wide string in this column you have run over all strings in column, find most wide word, find its length and write it to property Cell.Size.Width

About cursors you haven't so possibility

To find some value in table you just run over all values in table to find if someone equal to string that you find, get it coordinates and so use property Active Cell and Cell.BGcolor

Message 2 of 4
(2,770 Views)
do you think it is a possibility to make a cursor by shrinking a row height, coloring the entire row and then just grabbing and moving it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,753 Views)

Nadav Chernin a écrit: "... For auto-updating column width to most wide string in this column you have run over all strings in column, find most wide word, find its length and write it to property Cell.Size.Width..."
To find the length of the widest word (which is font and size dependent), a trick is to use the Get Text Rect.vi (in the Graphics & Sound > Picture Functions subpalette).
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 4 of 4
(2,733 Views)