LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dsc Very delay the Property Node

Hi all

I created the project with 40SVE.

Then I created the Property Node for the every SVE (analysis  Hi & Lo level).

But the analysis  Hi & Lo level 40 SVE is perfomed more then 6 sec.

Why is so long?

Regards

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 30
(2,753 Views)

Can you attach the actual VI instead? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 30
(2,750 Views)

Thanks

I send the past of my VI.

I found that the SharedVariableIO do this delay

Regards

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
(2,747 Views)

Hi Iskander, 

Does this delay occur for all of your shared variables? I see that some of your variables are pulled from your computer, and some are pulled from the network. Does the delay only occur for those variables pulled from your network? Thanks, 

Julianne K
Systems Engineer, Embedded Systems
Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 30
(2,731 Views)

Hi Julianne K

Thanks

I work without network

Now all variables are on My Computer.

The My Computer is localhost.

And this delay occur for all variables.

I notice that the delay for the analysis (Hi & Lo)6 variables is 1 sec averaged.

My computer is Pentium i5.

Regards

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 30
(2,725 Views)

Hi Iskander, 

I have tested your method of reading the properties, and was not receiving the same delay. However, a delay may be caused by poor connectivity to the shared variables. Unfortunately, I was receiving errors when running your program with my shared variables. Are you sure that the delay is due to the property nodes themselves and not the loops? How have you tested this? Also, on a higher level, what are you trying to do with your program?

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
(2,710 Views)

Hi Julianne K

I created new VI when I measure time between two cycle While Loop.

This time delay is more then 3 sec.

It is very many time for the analysis 15 signals.

My task next:

I have many devices from which I received 10-15 signals and every signal has 1-2 levels.

Respect

Iskander

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 30
(2,704 Views)

Hi Iskander, 

First, try initializing your shift register to zero. With it non-initialized, every time you run the while loop, your array will grow, and each iteration will take longer and longer as your array grows. Does this improve you performance? 

If not, can you provide me with your Format Alarm Data.vi (or did you use the one from the shipped examples?). 

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
(2,698 Views)

Hi Julianne K
Thanks.

My Project has initializing shift register to zero.

Format Alarm Data.vi is from the shipped examples.

I think that the delay do the Property Node "SharedVariablesIO".

Respect

Iskander 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 30
(2,692 Views)

Hi Iskander, 

The program you sent me did not have the shift register initialized to zero, did you add this afterwards? I do not think that the Shared Variable I/O node is the cause of the delay. I tried this on my computer and the property node did not have a delay. Also, it is far more likely that the parts of your program that cycle through arrays, such as the for loop to the far left and the Format Alarm Data subVI take more time. I would recommend that you try timing different parts of your code to determine the source the delay. An example benchmarking VI that can help with this can be found here

Julianne K
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 30
(2,686 Views)