From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver

I receive this error after data transffering.what is this error? how to solve?

thanks in advancce

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,035 Views)

Hi feinimoshu,

Well, it seems the problem is with the USB to RS232 cable.

Have you fully installed the usb-rs232 device?I have experienced that we could write, but not read with a default usb-rs232 device.

I have very good experience with Prolific drivers, all devices with Prolific drivers always work.Also you must have a look at this link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF72229C53F7633386256EDD0069331B

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,020 Views)

I have very good experience with Prolific drivers, all devices with Prolific drivers always work.Also you must have a look at this link.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BF72229C53F7633386256EDD0069331B

That has not been my experience.  I have had issues with Prolific drivers for USB-RS232.  I try to avoid them and it's not just with Visa.  I have had issues with other software as well.  It just has not been as reliable as RS-232, in my experience.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
Message 3 of 3
(2,010 Views)