From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drag list item labview doesnt work in exe (LV8)

Hi,
        When i try to drag items around a list box in developement mode, it works (i.e drag item 1 and make it item 0 and so on) but when i create an executable, i am no longer able to drag items around. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anand
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,629 Views)

@Anand S R wrote:
Hi,
        When i try to drag items around a list box in developement mode, it works (i.e drag item 1 and make it item 0 and so on) but when i create an executable, i am no longer able to drag items around. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Anand

This is a known problem discussed over at the lavausergroup forums. There is no known workaround. Let's hope they fix it in the next release of LabVIEW.

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,610 Views)

Hi Anand SR, This reply has nothing to do with your question. I just wanted to contact you on a previous answer you gave before about python and labview.

You gave a bit of python code that began with import win32com.client. I have tried this but didn't realise that you had to download the python win32 application. The only one i can find is for python 2.5 and I need it for python 2.4. I have searched but cannot find where to get this. Any ideas?

Also , is this the only way to control labview from python? I am quite new to python and labview, in fact programming in general so any kind of idiots guide you could provide would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,569 Views)

Hi,

You can find win32 extensions at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018. (for python 2.4, you can download http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pywin32/pywin32-208.win32-py2.4.exe?download).

Regarding controlling labview from python, ACTIVEX server is one of the ways of controlling labview gui from python but there are other ways too (depends on your windows skill and C). In fact Rolf, who is the author of the previous reply, wrote a dll to run python code directly from labview. There is a C API that allows control of python scripts from any other language. Rolf came up with was a bunch of labview VI's that could run python code and exchange data. You may contact him or Jim Kring (search on LAVA user group) on the labview python interface.  It would be helpful if you can give a brief description of what you are trying to do. It is hard to make recommendation without knowing details of what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Anand

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,557 Views)
This was a known issue in LabVIEW 8.0 and I believe corrected in the 8.0.1 update.

Look under the build applications section or search for "listbox"

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Jeff Peters
LabVIEW R & D

Message Edited by jpeters on 05-05-2006 05:14 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,552 Views)