cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dqgoop installation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

i'am trying to install dqgoop toolkit, i passed installation wizard without troubles, mass compil was done, i re started computer, but i don't know

how to access dq palette. how can i verify that it is correctly installed,  how does it appear in labview environnement ?

Does it works only if registred.

i use XP sp2 and LV 8.6

Best regards Tinnitus

CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,636 Views)

There is no palette. You create a new class by using one of the options in the Tools menu. It opens a dialog and after you make your choices it creates the VIs you need where you tell it to.

You should note that there are advantages to using LVOOP over dqGOOP and that NI has an example in the example finder (Help>>Find Examples) which shows a reference based design, which is basically identical to what dqGOOP does.

(2,612 Views)

Hello tst,

Thank for replying,

I assume you are talking of this 

"From the LabVIEW development environment, select Tools>>DataAct>>Make New dqGOOP Class... to start the wizard.  The wizard will use a file dialog to prompt for the name and location of the new class."  

My first issue is that i don't see this tools menu, do you mean labview tools menu or dq menu, could you send a jpeg ? , i'm a little lost...

I don't clearly understand what you said about lvoop over dqGoop, is it better to write object code my myself ?

In first time i would like to add to labview dqgoop and datafoop to have "same" functionnality as in C++ or other oriented languages , it isn't a judicious thing to do?

Best regards

Tinnitus

CLAD / Labview 2011, Win Xp
------------------------------------------------------
Mission d'une semaine- à plusieurs mois laissez moi un MP...
RP et Midi-pyrénées .Km+++ si possibilité de télétravail

Kudos always accepted / Les petits clicks jaunes sont toujours appréciés
Don't forget to valid a good answer / pensez à valider une réponse correcte
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,593 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tinnitus

I'm assuming you're using the French version of LabVIEW, so the Tools menu would have a different name. It appears in every window in LV which has menus.

In any case, I would suggest that you use LVOOP because it would give you additional benefits such as inheritence, access scope, etc. As I mentioned, LabVIEW ships with a reference-based LVOOP example which does basically the same thing dqGOOP does. Just look at the examples.

You should note that LVOOP is different from C++ OOP in some important ways. You should read this and this.