From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download LabView 2014 SP1

I have LabVIEW 2014, which is on CD, and I need to install it on a new computer that does not have a optical drive, so I need to download it from the ni.com.  However, the versions prior to 2019 are locked for downlaod.   I have a serial number for my  2014 SP1 version, and I just spoke with NI Customer Service on the phone, who explained I needed to post my request here for the download and activation.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,589 Views)

So why don't you put the disc into a computer that does have an optical drive and copy everything over to a thumb drive?

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,583 Views)

@justina wrote:

.......  I just spoke with NI Customer Service on the phone, who explained I needed to post my request here for the download and activation.

I wonder what the customer service person actually meant by that?

The members of the forums can't help you download or activate anything.  That is something an NI Customer Service person is supposed to help with.

I'd recommend getting an external optical drive.  I did for my needs when PC's and laptops stopped having them built-in!  They are pretty inexpensive.

Here is the one I bought.  Dell DW316 External USB Slim DVD R/W Optical Drive 429-AAUX

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,563 Views)

If you have another computer (with CD drive) on the network, put the CD in there and share it.

(But yes, just copying to a flash drive is probably easier)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,556 Views)

Hello Justina,

I am also unsure why the customer service team sent you here. I apologize for the confusion, since I don't expect the community to have this answer, as RavensFan pointed out.

I also recommend using a USB DVD drive to install the software from your physical media. You can also access the online downloads if you have an active service program (SSP), per: Download Link for Installing National Instruments Software.

Finally, you might also want to check the Operating System Compatibility with LabVIEW 2014 and consider if upgrading to a newer LabVIEW version is an option for your system.

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,552 Views)