LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1031 from Open VI Reference when run in executable

I am trying to design a plugin system into my executable, so that it can call and run vis from a particular folder at runtime. The vis in this folder will change, but they all follow the same template for the connector pane. This is the vi I use to call the plugin vis. It all runs perfectly when I run it in development. But when I try to use the built executable, I get "Error 1031: LabVIEW: VI Reference type does not match VI connector pane".

Does anybody know why this doesn't work in my executable?

I'm using LV 2014.

Start Tab Subpanels.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,215 Views)

Thank you for attaching your code so we could add debugging tools and see what is really going on ... oops, you didn't attach your code!  Well, I don't feel like guessing, I'd rather test ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,188 Views)

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Thank you for attaching your code so we could add debugging tools and see what is really going on ... oops, you didn't attach your code!  Well, I don't feel like guessing, I'd rather test ...

Bob Schor

Haha, I happily would if I could. I figured out that it’s an issue with conflicts. My plug in has the “same” typedefs on its pane as my executable, but’s its own conflicting references. So now I need to work on untangling the dependency mess I’ve made. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,184 Views)