From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does anyone know what is this two component name in lab view?

a.PNG

b.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(860 Views)

Yes.  Have you looked in the Palettes for the Block Diagram?  The first one "looks like" it might involve Strings, so I looked on the Strings Palette.  Nothing matched, so I clicked Number/String Conversions and found a match.  Take a look ...

The second looks like it might involve Errors, maybe "telling us about Errors".  Sounds like perhaps the Application Dialog Palette.  Take another look.

If you want to learn LabVIEW, you need to become familiar with the Block Diagram Palettes.  The LabVIEW Designers/Developers have tried to make icons that should "lead you in the right direction" to understand what they do. 

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(834 Views)
  • There is no such thing as "lab view". Maybe you mean LabVIEW?
  • These are "functions", not "components". LabVIEW is a programming language, not for circuit design or similar.
  • These are actually in color, so attaching greyscale images is a poor choice. It is also more helpful to show a picture of the entire diagram and point out the function you are interested in. Often, their purpose can be more easily determined from a bigger context. Where does the data (i.e. wire!) come from? Where does it go? What is the program supposed to do?

Maybe the two links can give you some ideas:

Fract/Exp String To Number Function 

Simple Error Handler VI 

Are you trying to recreate some code found on a picture or homework assignment?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(823 Views)

Why, oh why, would you photograph the screen instead of doing a screen dump?

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(748 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Why, oh why, would you photograph the screen instead of doing a screen dump?

It could be a screen grab of a received fax scan. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(727 Views)

If you have access to the actual code and not just pictures, you could always right-click and select "Help".

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(701 Views)