From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

do two PID.vi effect each other or not in the same program?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I know the PID.vi can be used in a multichannel way, and this case the different PID controls do not distrube each others. What about if I use in the same while loop two PID.vi's to control two independent processes? Will they effect each other? I want them to work independently, how can I manage this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,209 Views)

I have found this:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/mult-channel-PID-control-using-PID-Toolkit/m-p/514477#M244655

So it means that, they do effect each others. What about if I somehow save the PID.vi into another name, and I have the same VI but with different locations: PID1.vi and PID2.vi. In this case, I guess they will not effect each other, since they are now different VIs?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,204 Views)

Sorry, I don't have the toolkit. Could you check if PID.vi is reentrant?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,201 Views)

I think so...it means that, i just have to untick the checkbox?

I have attached the screenshot.

thanks for help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,199 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk

If they are reentrant, each instance in the diagram will work independently and that's want you want. No changes necessary.

(Never ever modify system VIs or things will break with the next software upgrade :()

Message 5 of 6
(2,194 Views)

thanks very much, I always mix up the two things 🙂 So I keep them as default, and they will work independently if there are more then one in the same while loop, this is just what i need.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,189 Views)