From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display raster scan of 2D array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm very new to LabVIEW and was just wondering how to do a raster scanning of a given 2D array.

Normal passing of 2D array via nested loops resuls in sequential indexing and displaying the elements on an indicator gives  1st row col 1 to end ......... 2nd row col 1 to end ....... so on.

But I want to get: 1st row col 1 to end ......... 2nd row col end to 1 ....... 3rd row col 1 to end .............so on. (Raster scan type)

Any ideas in this direction?

Thank s in advance Smiley Happy

manish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,612 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author manish108

Hi is this you want?

Raster Scan 2D Array.png

Message 2 of 7
(4,597 Views)

Thank you Stephen,

Although I couldn't open the VI as i'm using LabVIEW 2009 but i got the idea and think can manage to replicate it based on the snapshot of the block diagram.

Thanks a lot 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,589 Views)

Hi Welcome 

Attached LV8.6 ver

Message 4 of 7
(4,587 Views)

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,585 Views)

Hi,

I am working on project where I have to make laser scan device which can scan the sample in line by line manner or raster scan.

For the same I am using small beam galvano mirror device from Thorlab (https://www.thorlabs.de/newgrouppage9.cfm?objectgroup_id=3770), USB DAQ 6361(National Instrument) and Labview software.

Galvano mirror has input range +-10V, sinewave(250Hz) or Triangular Wave(175Hz) or Sawtooth wave(175Hz) or Square Wave(100Hz).

Mirror is configured to rotate 0.8V/1 Degree,

I have made one labview design by using that I can operate the mirror, but now I have to make graphical programme which can control the scanning of the beam on to the sample.

So do you know how to control the laser beam while scanning?

control the X and Y mirror analog input voltage.

I have attached the prepared Labview design for better understanding.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,596 Views)

Crossposting.  Continue discussion over here.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,586 Views)