From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move a packed project library: can't relink in lvproj?

Solved!
Go to solution

If I replace a lvlib with a packed library in a LabVIEW project, how can I then move that packed library and relink it to the project? 

The project will prompt me to find a missing packed library if I've moved it, but then will leave it broken with unresolvable conflicts in the project, as all dependencies wish to point to the original file location.

I've solved this problem accidentally once or twice, but can't seem to find the right formula. Seems to me this should  be as easy as moving a VI, which the project will easily relink to. So far, not so! 

(LV2014)

(3,562 Views)

Have you tried right-clicking the packed library in the Files tab of your project and selecting "Move on Disk..."?  Whenever I move something in my project, I use the Move on Disk option so LabVIEW will update the links for me.

Also, I recommend backing up your project before you use the Replace with Packed Library option; it will be a pain in the rumpus to revert back to the unpacked library if you decide to later on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,559 Views)

This is not an available option. All options related to moving, re-linking, or replacing a PPL in a project are unavailable in LV2014.

(3,537 Views)

Hi littlesphaeroid,

Did you find a solution to move a packed library on the disc? I too faced a similar issue. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,404 Views)

Just do a rename from the right-click menu from within the project. 

The rename option can also be used to move file around on disc while the internal project link is maintained.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,396 Views)

This is not an option. There is no rename possibility with a PPL loaded in a project file. 

(3,365 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author littlesphaeroid

Hi,

My ultimate aim was to move ppl on disc. I did the following to achieve that.

1. Move the ppl directly on disc my using windows option [ ctl+x, ctrl+v ].

2. Remove the existing ppl from LabVIEW project [ right click and select remove ].

3. Now re-add the ppl which is in the new location.

4. Open all the VI's or Ctrl's. Click ignore if it shows any warnings.

5. Save all of them.

6. Save the project.

Message 7 of 8
(3,356 Views)

I'll give this a try, thanks!

(3,329 Views)