LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabled buttons in remote panels

Solved!
Go to solution

Is there a way to make the webserver update to the current state of the application?

As the picture shows (application and view in browser), controls active in the application are not active in the browser.

It works, if I start the panel just after the application started but not, if some changes were done before connecting.

Further, although the scroll bars are (dynamically) hidden, they show in the browser. Same with menues.

Is there a list with features supported/unsupported in remote panels or should you use only very simple panels to be viewed?

Herbert

LabVIEW 8.6, Application running in Windows XP, Browsers Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer,  viewed from XP or "OS X".

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,603 Views)

One of my associates ran in to that issue a while back.

The solution is to apply those properties after the web-broswer has opened the window. In his case was trying ot populate the strings in a ring control but the issue applies to all properties.

Now I start speculating:

THe code that updates your image actually runs on the machine view the FP. Sine the code on the viewers machine did not exist when the properties were set, they never find out about the previous settings.

I hope that helps,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 4
(2,579 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Herbert

@Ben wrote:

Now I start speculating:

THe code that updates your image actually runs on the machine view the FP. Sine the code on the viewers machine did not exist when the properties were set, they never find out about the previous settings.

This is correct - I once used remote debugging and found also that changes made to front panel controls, front panel size etc., were not reflected in the remote panel (LV 8.5 - 8.6). I suspect the web server routines fall prey to the same complications. There is a Knowledge Base article here.

Message Edited by Thoric on 05-22-2009 11:39 PM
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

Message 3 of 4
(2,563 Views)

Thank's a lot Ben and Thoric for the explanations as well as the link to the solutionSmiley Very Happy.

I would appreciate if NI included such details in the regular LabVIEW-help.

Thank's again

Herbert

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,548 Views)