LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disable Clean Up Diagram Button

Greetings,

Is is possible to hide or disable the Clean Up Diagram Button, either at the environment level (like a tools setting), or on a VI-by-VI level, like making the run continuously button disappear? Sometimes this functionality can really break a progam, or confuse a programmer.

Regards,

MELLO

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 1 of 9
(2,985 Views)

Two thoughts (well three actually).

1) Keep the Bd smaller than 572 pixels.

2) Crtl-z to fix it

3) Why am I hearing about this in a posting when my cell phone is till on? Smiley Wink

I think I rad about a fix in the most recent service pack for LV 2009 that addresses an issue with block diagram clean-up breaking large diagrams.

You partner in wire (and fellow LabVIEW Architect at Data Science Automation),

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 9
(2,983 Views)

Ben wrote:

That is absolutely hilarious.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,965 Views)

Darin.K wrote:

Ben wrote:

That is absolutely hilarious.

haha? 😉

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,935 Views)

Ben wrote:

Is this 22x26 pixels or 26x22 pixels? 😄

Message 5 of 9
(2,920 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Ben wrote:

Is a pixel considered a linear dimension or an area dimension?  Is it 572 pixels or 572 square pixels?Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,916 Views)

altenbach wrote:

Ben wrote:

1) Keep the Bd smaller than 572 pixels [WIDE].

But of course those dimentions well achieve the same end.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 7 of 9
(2,900 Views)

Thanks guys 🙂

To answer Ben's questions

1) This is inhereted code, already way to big

2) The idea is to keep this function out of the hands of programmers and/or customers who are unfamiliar with the labVIEW environment (but still require unlocked code)

3) It was asked in the middle of class, and I wanted get it out there quickly without making Ben taking a call in the middle of the day, I bother you enough when I am a couple of cubicles away .

Just was curious, it seemed like so many other items like this were switchable (run continuously, auto-grow, auto-wire etc.), then there might be a diable ability.

-Tim (Mello)

Data Science Automation

CTA, CLA, CLED
SHAZAM!
Message 8 of 9
(2,888 Views)

Oh yes, the questions you get when teaching LV basics. 

Speculating now...

After hearing us users scream for a diagram clean-up function since the begininning of LV time, I guess it never occured to NI that any would not want it and if they had it, why they would not want it.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,869 Views)