From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital waveform generation, analog read-in PXIe-6358

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two PXIe-6358 card and I want to send control signals to my device and read out the analog signals of the device with them.

For the digital control signals I tried to build a system where I specify the identifiers of the pins, get them into string arrays - the respective waveforms would be collected into arrays too - and I transfer them to a multiple input/output VI which puts the digital waveforms to the output pins of the cards.

I developed this code here but it doesn't seem to work. I cannot figure out how I can transform the string and waveform array to suit the input/output VI's requirements or which other VI I could use to do the job. Or is there a cleverer way to do it?

Thanks,

Krivan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,748 Views)

Hi there Krivan

What you need to do is first, concatanate the inputs on the build array by right clicking on this and selecting 'Concatanate Inputs' so this adds all the inputs together. Then you need to convert the data type from 1D array ANALOG waveform to DIGITAL waveform. I have attached the VI with this in. Hope this helps!

Many thanks for using the NI forums and I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

David

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,734 Views)

Hi,

I have LV8.6 so can you please post it in 8.6 format or in PNG/JPG?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author krivan

Dear Krivan

Please find attached the VI in LV 8.6 format. Also, I STRONGLY recommend reorganizing the Front Panel and making this neater, your code is very hard to read and not structured at all. Hope this helps!

Many thanks for using the NI forums and I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards

David

Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK
Message 4 of 5
(2,716 Views)

Hi David,

thanks for your suggestions. Yepp, I'll modify the code as it was just a preliminary version. The a/d waveform conversion has solved the problem. 

Krivan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,704 Views)