From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital outputs while sampling analog inputs

I am currently developing a program using LabView 2012 SP1.  I am interfacing with a NI USB-6009 DAQ using NI-DAQmx 9.5.5f4.  I am attempting to acquire a voltage reading on three analog inputs (AI0, AI3, and AI4) at 1 second from startup and at 20 seconds from startup.  The three digital ports: P0.0, P0.1 and P0.2 are used to turn on transistors for the signals in question and must remain high during the ~20 seconds the readings will take place.  I have figured out how to acquire 20 samples over 20 seconds on the analog inputs but have trouble with the digital outputs.  The DAQ assistant is not a good option and the USB 6009 has limitations that are not necessarily covered in the example code im finding.  Basically I need to turn on (write hex 7) to port P0.0-2, acquire my analog samples for 20 seconds, then bring port P0.0-2 low and end the program.  Can anyone help walk me through this?  Thank you in advance.

RJ

I surf therefore I am....
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,010 Views)

Solved it.  See attached vi.  

I surf therefore I am....
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,965 Views)