From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different histogram in labview and matlab.

I think your CAR has been deleted as I do not see it under the Bug Fixes nor under the 2009 Known Issues.  This problem is affecting my code significantly so I need to make sure somebody is fixing it - how do I log a bug with NI?
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 43
(1,466 Views)

I am not sure how NI operate the ID.

But I can expect my ID will be included in the list when the bug is fixed.

I understand your situation and I too want to fix it as soon as possible.

Why don't you change the file format (such as tif) or use an external PNG library?

Best,

labmaster.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 43
(1,462 Views)
Thanks I think I'll try to find an external PNG library.  Currently I am using TIFF as this is the only other lossless compression option, but compared to PNG it uses a lot more of the processor when it compresses.  I'm running this on RT so I'm very careful not to starve my other threads.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 43
(1,444 Views)

This is my exact problem.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 43
(881 Views)

I am using Labview vision 2015. I can save TIFF and PNG, I expect it to be explicitly the exact value that the A2D of the camera was at acquisition. These are not images but "data". When I open them in Labview I get the exact data. When I open the PNG in Matlab it scales it to a 16 bit image. Matlab is snobby and blames it on Labview. But it works flawlessly if I just  use labview. I really need to open it in Matlab. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 43
(880 Views)

@Shredderofmass2 wrote:

But it works flawlessly if I just  use labview. I really need to open it in Matlab. Any suggestions?

Ask in a Matlab forum?

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 43
(875 Views)

OHHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so blown away by this answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have never thought of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST BE A MENSA MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also you didn't really read my post. "Matlab blames labview".

Why do I even bother with this forum. Its degenerated into snarky remarks and people who like to hear themselves talk.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 43
(872 Views)

@Shredderofmass2 wrote:

Also you didn't really read my post. "Matlab blames labview".

Yes, I read it. "Matlab" is not a person and cannot blame anything or anyone. If you have an official quote from Matlab support, please quote it verbatim. Blaming LabVIEW is the easy way out. Matlab is a powerful environment and a knowledgeable programmer should be able to program around minor issues in the way the data is represented. You have data external to Matlab, but are looking for a Matlab solution to analyze it. Right?

Thus:

My answer above still stands, no matter how many silly paragraphs you write.

@Shredderofmass2 wrote:

OHHHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU MUST BE A MENSA MEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... people who like to hear themselves talk.

In contrast, there are others who like to hear themselves scream incoherently. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 43
(869 Views)

Just a way to show where the problem actually is, did you try opening the PNG in something like GIMP or MS Paint just to make sure the file format is correct?  If those open the file correctly in the image format you expect, then the problem is in Matlab.  If they don't, then we need to look at your LabVIEW code to see if we can help find the issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 43
(859 Views)

The question is explicit and explained here more than once in great detail. You don't have an answer or even an idea. And yet you post again with a non answer.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 43
(858 Views)