From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

determine the end of playing wavefile

Solved!
Go to solution

I write a programm to play the wave file, and i want to know how to determine the end of playing wavefile.

i use SO write and So start to play it.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,507 Views)
Split the data so you can write a second of data each iteration. You can calculate the length of data in seconds or number of iterations beforehand so each progressing iteration you know how many you have to go.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,502 Views)

thank you for your reply.

I‘m sorry, I'm new in labview.

it stops playing when it finishs, but it doesn't jump out this loop while of playing, i want to set when the play is finished, the PLAY and FILE active, and also i can save the data after the filter.

thanks advance

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,499 Views)
Use "Sound Output info.vi" inside the loop to check if the file is still playing.
Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,491 Views)

is there sound output in labview7? i’m sorry i can't find that.

thanks for telling me

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,486 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xiuming

I think in order todo monitor the progress you would have to try and understand what I explained in my first response. LabVIEW 7 and 7.1 don't have the function "Sound Output Info.vi".

The general idea is to use Sound output in the same way as you would use Analog output. Not to write the complete file to the output at once but to feed it pieces of sound fast enough for it to keep up outputting it. In that way you know which piece is outputted when thus having a progress indication.

Regards,
André (CLA, CLED)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,475 Views)