From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detector callibration

I got this messages. ( iberr=EBUS) during detector calibration on my ILX LPA-9084 laser characterization system. Using Lab View.  What I should to due to go forward. Thank you laserpeter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(2,399 Views)

Read the manuals and find out what that error means.  Doesn't sound like a LabVIEW error message ...  Are you running LabVIEW code?  Post it so we can see what might be wrong (or, I suppose, we could guess ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,355 Views)

According to document below, the message implies that there is a command error.

How to Programmatically Check the Status of Your GPIB Board

I don't know how are you doing the calibration but if you are sending some command,

confirm the message is valid.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,355 Views)

Hi,I get on NI-Max and proceeded the steps to get in to put in the recommended command for calibration of the detector. The massage was; " NI-488 function on IBONL is called for disable the hardware and software."  Get this on the screen; iberr:EABO. EABO indicates that on I/O operation has been cancelled.

I do not know what I need to due fix my problem?

c:\users\pltlaser\appdata\roaming\qualcomm\eudora\attach\20190918_150714.jpg;

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,280 Views)

Is a termination character valid? It looks there is no response from the instrument.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,271 Views)
My ILX Lightwave LPA-9084 Semiconductor Laser Characterization System uses LabView and NI software. During laser characterization I got an error. # 717 This is an issue where a ZERO function is attempted, however there is an input level that is detected that is too strong to properly perform this operation. In the Users Manual advice to use remote GPIB command to put correction command (PWR:ZERO:RESET.) to reset the detector 0 calibrations.
The instrument not responding any ILX recommended command.
If you have solution to calibrate the detector, please contact me.
Will pay for your service.
My e-mail,
laserkillcovid19@gmail.com
Peter
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(249 Views)

You have not provided us much information for us to suggest how to get your unknown instrument that "uses LabVIW and NI Software" to help you establish contact and "calibrate the detector".  We know nothing about the Instrument, have no access to its manuals (I tried to find information on the Web, but my searches were not successful), and have seen nothing of the code you are trying to run.

Do you know anyone with LabVIEW experience whom you could ask to look over your manuals and instruments and try to help you?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(234 Views)

Hi Bob, the instrument was made by ILX Lightwave Co. The system LPA-9084 a Semiconductor Laser Characterization System. ILX Lightwave developed this system and sold WW. The LPA-9084 is the instrument model. This system is testing semiconductor lasers Wavelength, Power, Efficiency. etc. The ILX Lightwave Co. was sold, and nobody have the knowledge or doesn't want to help. In the past when the company existed to calibrate the detector with the employees of ILX help was taken only a few minutes. 

Thank you.

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(229 Views)

This seems like a case that can’t really be solved through the forums. The information you provide is very limited and due to you’re being unfamiliar with LabVIEW, GPIB and programming in general also somewhat cryptic.The fact that the system uses GPIB programming API rather than VISA also would hint that it is probably at least 25 years old. Nobody with a sane mind programmed GPIB on that level in this century since VISA was simply a so much better alternative and most instrument manufacturers had figured out how to implement IEEE-488.2 in order to make use of VISA on the PC side  almost a breeze. Debugging GPIB API issues is an art that only old foxes still know about although in my case hasn’t been exercised in over 20 years.

I think the only valid way forward-will likely be to find someone who has experience in GPIB programming, and LabVIEW and hire them. And without source code of the LabVIEW application and a real manual of the device it may still be hopeless.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(186 Views)

Have source code and manual.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(147 Views)