From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deploying crio

Hi,

Everytime Crio turns on, Do i have to deploy CRIO and the Chassi? Is there any way I can just open the RT vi and run it? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,039 Views)

You can build an RT executable and configure it to startup on boot. Is that what you are looking for? If so, here are the steps to achieve that:

Running a Stand-Alone Real-Time Application

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,038 Views)
Hi friends

I am Joseph from London. I am trying to find the answer of your question so can you send some detail of the above question.

Joseph

Message Edited by Support on 03-02-2009 08:48 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,021 Views)

Hi,

In my applicationn I have FPGA VI and RT host vi. I am acquiring data in FPGA VI and transfer them uising DMA FIFO to RT vi. In my RT vi I am processing that data and displaying it. Therefore my RT host vi have front panel (user interface). I can not create executable for RT host vi because RT controller doesn't have external displays. Using remote front opanel method I can display front panel of my RT host vi but user cannot change any controls on the front panel. The Other method is to use TCP.I tried that but i having hard time getting it to work. SO I decied to run the application without the EXE. But now I have to deploy both RT and the chassi everytime I start the RT controller. I don't want user to go through that . I just want them to open RT host vi and start running the program. That is why my problem is about deploying RT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,010 Views)

I don't think you will be able to get rid of it. The run button is mainly used as a command to download the code on the controller and then run it. Maybe disconnect and connect is the kind of behavior you are looking for.

Anyways, I still think you should invest more time into network front panel communication since interactive front panel communication is not deterministic and can affect the determinism of a time critical VI. What exactly didn't work while you were implementing TCP programming? Also, have you looked into using shared variables for communication?

And, NI does sell external displays like the TPCs. They support shared variables and TCP communication.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,975 Views)

Hai,

You cannot avoid the RT code deploying on to the RT controller.  Each time the run button is pressed the code will be deployed to the RT.  If there are controls that requires user interaction in RT vi create a simple FP in host with those controls and pass the values through TCP/IP, update the required controls in RT.  Allowing the user to access the RT FP affects the determinism of RT and spoils the purpose of realtime control.

If you need any clarification on TCP/IP communication with RT feel free to post.

With regards,

JK

With regards,
JK
(Certified LabVIEW Developer)
Give Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark it a solution if your problem is solved.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,966 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried using command based STM functions to communicate between HOST pc vi and RT vi. I choose STM functions because I am sending arrays with 4000 elements to host pc. But STM meta read function is giving an error (Error code 60). Do you have any idea what this is? i followed command based communication example that comes with STM functions library.

Message Edited by suni on 03-03-2009 10:23 AM
Message Edited by suni on 03-03-2009 10:25 AM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,921 Views)

Hey Suni,

Take a look at this example I posted: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3569

It uses STM to transfer an array of doubles from a cRIO to a host PC. 

let me know if that helps out.

Stephen B
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,895 Views)